The Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships Information Service (AATIS) raises awareness of potential apprenticeship and traineeship pathways to students, job hunters, career advisors, employers and others working in the industry. We provide up-to-date information and resources which are used by the networks delivering Australian Apprenticeships support services, including Apprenticeship Network providers and Group Training Organisations.
Our website, app and resources are used for career planning and direction. We are active across online and digital platforms while also providing a contact point to help people navigate through the Australian Apprenticeships system. AATIS is free to use and is funded by The Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
AATIS – Key Resources
The Australian Apprenticeship Pathways website aapathways.com.au contains a variety of free resources to help parents, schools, career advisors, job hunters and employers navigate apprenticeships and traineeships pathways. This includes:
- Job and Training Descriptions – sample descriptions for over 2500 job descriptions filtered by state, choice of industry or keyword
- Job Pathways Charts – examples of potential career pathways that can begin with an Australian apprenticeship
- Pre-apprenticeship Finder – find a pre-apprenticeship in the industry of your choice by location
- Practice Aptitude Quizzes – general industry based literacy & numeracy quizzes illustrating the levels required when undertaking Australian Apprenticeships qualifications
- Literacy and Numeracy Quizzes – Interactive quizzes to gauge if you are apprenticeship ready
- Career Interest Explorer – A quiz to understand which type of career or work one is best suited for.
- Co-branded resources – Resources such as fast fact sheets, steps to an Australian apprenticeship flowchart etc. which can be easily downloaded and customised for free.
The Australian Apprenticeship Pathways Mobile App ausapp.com.au provides apprenticeship and traineeship career resource for smartphones and tablets. The app can be downloaded for free to download from the Play store and the App store.
The Australian Apprenticeships – My Gain YouTube Channel mygain.com.au contains over 200 video interviews with apprentices, trainees and employers, showcasing the stories and experiences of Australian Apprenticeships.
AATIS runs a free contact service for enquiries about Australian Apprenticeships. People working in organisations supporting apprenticeships and traineeships can access several free services:
- Face-to-face information sessions and webinars
- Customisation of materials available on the Pathways website
- Access to downloadable and some hardcopy Australian Apprenticeship information materials
- Use of AATIS’ social media and e-newsletter communication channels to promote their activities
Ian owns and is the Managing Director of Integrated Information Service (IIS). He has worked in the Vocational Education and Training field for over 30 years. He supports the strategic management of the Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships Information Service (AATIS). Ian has a Bachelor of Economics and post graduate studies in marketing and statistics.
Peta’s role includes managing the delivery of AATIS. She is involved in undertaking research projects and data analysis in the apprenticeships and traineeships sector, and authoring reports and web content. Peta has previously worked as a researcher focusing on pathways through education and employment, and has a PhD in Psychology.
Mark is undertaking research projects and data analysis around emerging areas of importance in the VET sector. Mark was previously an academic at Flinders University where his research and teaching focused on Industry 4.0 and the future of work. In 2017, Mark completed a PhD in social sciences on industry policy at The University of Adelaide.
Andrew manages Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships Information Service stakeholder accounts and the upload of website data. He also manages the Pre-apprenticeships Course Finder, delivers information sessions and assists in contact services delivery.
Lynda develops & publishes key Australian Apprenticeships Pathways website resources, such as Job & Training Descriptions and Job Pathway Charts. Lynda has an extensive work history in the apprenticeship services and TAFE sector.
Aditi manages marketing and communications for AATIS including the AAPathways website, app, email and events. Aditi has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management, and has worked previously in digital marketing and communications roles across the globe.
Ryan De Vincentis
Ryan’s role involves creating and producing marketing concepts and materials for AATIS. Ryan has experience in the Apprenticeship and Traineeship sector having previously been employed by the national group IntoWork Australia. Ryan’s tertiary education includes a Bachelor of Business majoring in Marketing.
Cassandra manages the AATIS MyGain Channel and Social Media accounts, which aim to promote apprenticeships and traineeships as a viable career pathway. Cassandra has a Bachelor of Journalism and has held previous communication roles at Crime Stoppers Victoria and the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
Laura is supporting and managing AATIS projects related to sustainability. She also supports the team with event organisation and assists with marketing and communications.
Laura’s background is in Events management and she is currently undertaking an online MBA in Sustainability Management.